Hitchhiker anemones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But sometimes I wonder why I've been putting this much effort in a 55 gallon when I'll be upgrading to something a lot bigger in a couple months

But sometimes I wonder why I've been putting this much effort in a 55 gallon when I'll be upgrading to something a lot bigger in a couple months

Because the 55 is a great place to refine your skills and knowledge. Starting big in this hobby can get expensive and depressing quickly. If you can keep a 55 thriving, a bigger system will be that much easier for you.

Yea that's the only reason I have been. But my nitrates really piss me off. There is no reason for it not to be perfect. Everything else is. I do water changes twice a week. But of course I have kept it at 10 but it just don't want to drop below it.

Start using macro algae like chaeto. It's easy to keep under control even tied into a ball and placed in the main tank if you don't have a sump.

That's halimeda. It uses calcium as well as other things. I don't think it's the best for removing unwanted nutrients though. It's a slow grower.

I was told it was a slow grower. The lfs here is getting horrible. Their tanks are even starting to go down hill. They're getting green slim algae on the sand. Had a nice angel that wasn't doing well at all. What sucks is its the only fish store in town other then 2 pet warehouses that never get any new saltwater creatures in. I was looking at the tanks and almost all of them had the hitchhikers that I ended up with

Well, generally, you can expect this when buying algae. Much of it you see for sale at the LFS has come from other customers' sumps. No one (or should I say "not many") cares about hitch hikers in the sump.

Back
Top Bottom