Hitchhiker anemones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stlrockguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I bought some macro today from lfs and it has a few anemones on it. I'm only running two t5 ho florescent bulbs rated at 54 watts. Will that live in that little lighting

Get ready to do alot of work to get rid of them if there are that many. I;d say peppermint shrimp might help but the one looks kinda big. You can inject aipastia X into each one and get rid of them that way. Just gotta be sure to get the mouth cause if you dont it will spit out a hundred more babies and then it will just get worse.

It will be an teeny tiny version of the ones you pulled out. Peppermints have a better chance at munching the little tiny ones so I would recommend getting a few of them if you can. Or else just get some aipastia X and wait for them to show up. I'd say you'll see some in the next 2 weeks start sprouting. You didn't by chance remove the rock and pull them off did you? Or did you do it in the tank?

In the tank. It was completely a noob move. First saltwater tank and I've been playing hell with it. Nitrate problems and nothing has seemed to work. I've never had this many problems with my freshwater tanks. But I did see a pod yesterday before I put the macro in. So that's always a good sign

There isn't anymore right now. I just bought a couple peppermint shrimp. Waiting for them to
Be acclimated. I drip everything before I put it in my tank.

I figure its worth a shot since when they start reappearing. The shrimp will already be in there and the things will be tiny. I've been trying use natural solutions to my tank problems. That's why I added macro to help lower my nitrates

Back
Top Bottom