Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-19-2005, 10:12 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
Hitchhiker starfish

I was looking at my tank the other night with my wife and a friend of ours who got us interested in SW tanks. My wife was saying that she thought that we had a HH or something. Our friend then pointed out that we had a Brittle star come home with us from our LFS. It is still hiding under the coral that we purchased. I have been trying to get a good picture of him but he is hiding really well.

Just wanted to let people know, because I was excited.
If I can get a good pic, I will post it.
Right now all we see are legs and they are extremely thin, so we know he isn't a big guy.

Also, is there anything special that I need to be doing in order to keep him alive?

12 gallon Nano
Starting Over
StickyTuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 10:15 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Thats the cool part about getting live rock.!!
No worries, he will scavenge around the tank and get what he need.

quarryshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 10:20 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Live rock is great! Keep your eyes out for more. I have counded about two dozon brittle stars at once in my tank. They just keep coming.
Some people are like slinkies...they serve no real purpose yet can still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!:p
Have a great day! Brian
lando is offline   Reply With Quote

hitchhiker, starfish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com