HOB Refugium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blrrobinson21

Aquarium Advice Regular
Sorry for all the recent questions but what better place to ask right?
Since Im going to have a hard time fitting a 20gallon tank under my stand for a sump/refugium im looking at these.

Aquarium Hang-On External Filtration: AquaFuge PS Refugium

It will be going on the back of a 100 gallon tank. They dont say what size in suited for what so im not sure if it will be big enough to hassle with. Im not a big fan of stuff hanging on the back of my tank but I may not have an another option. What do you guys think?

My basic recommendation for a fuge is 10%-20% of your display volume. For your tank a 10g-20g fuge will be just fine.

The link you provided I would avoid. There are HOB fuges that are dedicated fuges. For your system you are going to need a lot more in the way of a skimmer then that can provide.

I would look at something like this HOB Refugium. This is still only 6g but it is closer to what would work better for you IMO.

I would also check on Ebay as you may find a good deal there. Check in your local area for a reef club you may find a used one for 1/4 the price.

I've never owned one of those skimmers but I have read and heard that they are problematic. You may want to look at replacing it with a better option. I believe Octopus makes a HOB. There are other options out there as well.

Ya its not even technically mine. The guy the tank came from loaned it to me to try it out and if I liked it I could buy it. From everything I learned here I will need one...............just not that one.

Back
Top Bottom