Hoeven's Wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mwilliams

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does anyone out there ever had or still currently have a Hoeven's Wrasse? If so is it in a Reef Tank or a Fish Only tank? Need some feedback on this fish.

I read that one after I finally found which one it was that I had. But I have been getting different feed backs regarding the shirmps. That if they are already in there they should be safe it is only new shrimps that get put into the tank after he is put in there are at risk of being eaten.... I just still leary about putting him in there so he will be staying in the QT till I get more feed back rather postive or negative and if I get more negative I will take him back for a trade in.

I would definitely keep him. And from now on you should do research BEFORE you get the fish lol. It's really hit or miss.

Also if you have a smart phone you can look it up on the spot. I'm saying I would keep him because I think they're cooler than shrimp, I'm not saying they'll definite be ok. I wiuldnt kill my Hrinp for him, but if I were forced to decide I would rather get the wrasse over the shrimp, not actually kill them. Sorry for the confusing post.

No problem not confusing at all. Well I do have a smart phone and like a sucker I fell for their telling me he was reef safe and normally I do research them long before I buy a fish but he was so colorful and my husband was rushing me I bought him.

Only reason I had the shrimp in there was to controll the Aiptasias and they did a fantastic job too.

Well he might be going into the DT this weekend I need the tank he is in to start a new culture of Tigger Pods and hope better luck then trying to culture them in a dark colored bucket.

Back
Top Bottom