HOLY CRAP%$@*&!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lando

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just experienced the worst aquatic disastor of my fish keeping career. My large Perc was missing. I found he had jumped into my internal over-flow of my reef ready tank. No prob, I will just him and get him back with his friends. Right...My hands were too big and my net too short to reach him. There was very little room in the overflow woth the two plumbing pipes in there. So I said to myself, "Self...Just remove the innner adjustable pipe to the siphon to give your self more room." Right. Instead of the inner pipe coming out from the larger pipe, the larger pipe came loose from the bottom of my tank. Crap! So all of the water in my overflow ran down into my sump, and then all over the carpet. There was the fish, flopping around on the bottom of the now empty over flow. At least he was easy to get now. So, now the sump get disconnected and the 30 + lbs of LR rubble gets removed so I can take it out and dry out my stand. I am glad my electic is mounted high on the side and well out of danger. Looks like I get to spend my afternoon cleaning my sump and mopping up wet, ocean smelling carpet. I think I will have a beer first. Thanks for listening. Any other stories out there like this, feel free to share, I do not think I am alone. Cheers...Lando

Sounds like my luck! Gotta hate that but at least you have the beer. Speaking of I think I may go grab one myself! If it makes you feel any better I have a snail thats stuck in my overflow for my fug and there is no way that I can think of to get him out. Guess its time for a beer!!

Lol, I"m so glad I have hard wood floors for all the floods I've caused....although the ceiling on the first floor has to be repainted :roll:

I found out very quickly that laminated hardwook floors and aquariums to not mix. The area around my aquarium will have to be replaced someday but it will just have to learn to live with water for now. I am down from a 10 towel water change to a two towel.

I can't seem to change the water without the syphon coming out on the floor at least once(usually from the cat getting involved, she likes to watch) but like you said, hardwood floors and a couple of towels do the job everytime.

Back
Top Bottom