Home Depot playbox sand...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Good Crab

Aquarium Advice Regular
I want to use about 25 pounds of this stuff in a refugium. I've been washing these fine granules out for an hour in a bucket and still can't get the water clear. Will it ever get clear? Or will this silt settle after I add it to the refugium?

Thanks,

Crabby

Personaly, I wouldn't have rinsed it at all.

Many folks feel that the variety of particle size in the sand bed in beneficial in a diverse population of critters and bacteria.

BillyZ said:
Personaly, I wouldn't have rinsed it at all.

Many folks feel that the variety of particle size in the sand bed in beneficial in a diverse population of critters and bacteria.

Well great, because I still have half a bag of this stuff that water has not touched yet. Thanks for the information...

Crabby

No problem. The smaller particles may give you a heavy "storm" when you're first setting up, but honestly you shouldn't expect things to "look good" when you first set up the tank. It takes some time for everything to settle. Once it has settled use a turkey baster or ph and blow the sand off any rock you have in and give that time again to settle.

is the fuge empty or full of water? just dont dump it in... there are some ways to cut down on the sand storm.. full or empty

buy the time you get the water clear all the sand will be on the ground and the bucket will be empty..
BillyZ said it all...

Back
Top Bottom