Hooked on my reef setup.....and I don't even have a tank...LOL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonboyb

Aquarium Advice Activist
My Nanocube 28 HQI should be here on Tuesday and I've been dropping by several LFS's getting a feel for the good guys. Found one today that isn't very big, but super nice and helpful workers. While looking through their LR assortments, they had an absolutely beautiful cured piece of prime Fiji about 10 lbs that's about 14"x12"x10" and FULL of little nooks, crannies, and caves. Lots of flat areas too at different levels too, perfect for various light craving corals. I felt it was the perfect starting point to my cube and actually bought it for them to hold till next week. While it has some great coloration and a few small shroom's and polyps (which I hope survive the cycling), the shape was just awesome and I had to have it. Paid $7/lb, but I'd never forgiven myself if I hadn't bought it. They had some smaller chunks of lower grade LR I bought too (MUCH cheaper), and they threw in some other smaller tidbits. Now just waiting on UPS:cool:

So, do I already have the bug:D

If you get about 52 Lbs of fully cured LR, you might possibly see little to no cycle (it would give those corals a better chance).

ah......another reef/coral/fish junkie....welcome to my world. I have one word for you....Pictures!! Post Post Post Post!!!

After a while, you're gonna sit there for an hour and stare at the rock. Then you won't ask if you got the bug. Hee hee!

Que Queen. "another on bites the dust, hay hay!"

Back
Top Bottom