Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-26-2004, 01:15 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Freak

As long as it has an auto shut off just pick up a float, they sell them just about anywhere r/o's are sold and this will make life alot easier. I mounted one on a 30 gal rubbermaid in the basement and it fills and the float stops the r/o, and then the auto shut off shuts the whole thing down.

75 gal planted/cichlid tank
PatM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 02:02 PM   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Hell, I just ordered from Aquafx and now I see this float valve. I could of used that! I wish I would have known ...

I had to get an auto shut for my booster pump. I almost got as many parts for the RO as I do the tank!

Old 07-26-2004, 04:07 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to gibbiceps Send a message via Yahoo to gibbiceps
dont install it under the sink it will leak i hav a 5 stage one that is supposed to be installed under the sink but we now have it portable you can just buy the sink attachment at lowes
Old 07-26-2004, 04:09 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to gibbiceps Send a message via Yahoo to gibbiceps
sry i mean hose attachment also put it in an open cooler or something cause it leaks really bad for the first few minutes
Old 07-26-2004, 04:17 PM   #35
Moderator Emeritus

I had a few leaks at first but after redoing some of the fittings and making sure the guest fittings were tight, all is dry.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:47 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yeah, not a bad idea to mount under the sink but 1) leave enough tubing to raise it up into the sink when servicing and 2) put in a rubber maid or something to keep leaks in check. With those quick connect fittings it's all about cutting the tubing nice and straight and rolling it in your fingers a little to make sure it's nice and round.
75 gal planted/cichlid tank
PatM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 10:28 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Freak

Here's what I bought so I could turn on/off the water supply line. I found a 1/4 shut-off valve, but only one end was a quick connect while the other I had no idea what attaches to it.

I asked 2 different people in Homedepot and all they could say was "I don't know". The first guy referred me to the second guy who proceeded to refer me to someone else. At that point, I just looked around and came up with the items in the pic.

The empty end will be feeding water to the washing machine. What do you think? Is this ok?
Old 07-27-2004, 12:14 AM   #38
Aquarium Advice Freak

That'll work. Just remember, an r/o usually won't leak until the tank is full and full pressure is reached so keep your eye on all fittings for awhile. Good luck!

Tags
unit

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com