horseshoe crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

milmokes

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I saw a horseshoe crab at my local fish store. Anyone have any experience with these? I see they can grow to 2 feet! I have a 30 gallon tank, but they did say my tank size is fine if I plan on getting one. I have a feather duster, which they say they may harm. Any help is appreciated.

i had one in a 36 it only lasted a little while they tend to dig a lot, but at the same time they deplete the sand bed of food quickly. They are also clumsy i use to see mine on its back at least 3-4 times a day. Another this is that they are very good at knocking things over from rocks to coral. I personally dont like then anymore and would say if anyone would get one to put it in a fairly decent size tank. it didnt bother my feather duster

IMO, not a good option for your tank. they do get large and have a habbit of burrowing in the substrate and causing rock work to topple and corals to be damaged. They require only the largest of aquariums as they can deplete teh food supply in short order and starve to death. Just not a good choice. Sorry...Lando

Back
Top Bottom