Horseshoe Crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well they used to do the same in my tank....sit on the bottom and not come up until you put food in the tank, then all of a sudden their snouts would pop out of the sand and they would surface...it was the like the dead waking up, freaky sometimes.....but then they would find the food and eat and go back under the sand. As I stated before, I didn't think much of them until I saw them eating my other snails! So off to the refugium they go where they've been doing well for sometime now.

scoot15638 said:
i bought a baby horseshoe crab, and put him in a 20 gallon for a year, he was fine, until i gave him away because i took the tank down, im sure he will be fine, remember every animal dies eventually.

This is not my outlook. While it is true that everything dies it is our responsibility to make sure that the animals we keep are given the best quality of life available. This statement shows a total disregard of what we stand for as aquarist.

O yea sorry roka64. I sorta have bad eyes. I have to look really close but yes it looks like possibly a blueleg hermit cause they have those dark shells when they are small and I can see his antennae.

And I also agree with melosu58! yea!

Great point Mike! Lance, I had trouble seeing it too, I just knew the conch (at least mine) doesn't have that dark color. It looks like the hermit took over a cerith's shell.

Back
Top Bottom