Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-05-2004, 11:36 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Horseshoe what to do?

Hello, I have two horseshoe crabs in my tank and actually they are quite small, no larger than a quarter in size. I have read many postings saying that they are very bad. I don't have live sand but have crushed coral and they don't seem to be bothering any of the other creatures. Actually one of the crabs provides a little comic relief because he is always trying to swim to the top of the tank, probably to get out, but never succeeds and is always getting stuck on the filter or between rocks. Should I just ride it out and see if they do ok or should I take them out. I can't seem to find the other one. I've lifted up all my rock and have sifted through the crushed coral. Nowhere to be found! What should I do?

Leahdanilalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 11:41 PM   #2
IMO they are always trying to get out. They are not meant to be kept in tanks IMO. Id get rid of it, and leave your rock and CC alone. No need to disrupt anything, if the other one died then it may be buried and dead. Probably to late to worry about it fouling the water though.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com