Hos to get my yellow watchman goby to pair with pistol shrimp?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman007

Aquarium Advice Addict
I introduced a yellow watchman goby to my 20 long on friday and and added a pistol shrimp on saturday, the shrimp has found a rock he likes that has a bunch of holes in it and all he does is dig caves throughout the sand, the entrance to his layer being the hole in the rock. All my goby does is hide inside another rock and never comes out unless i put food next to his cave. I have rescaped the tank 3 times already but the shrimp always goes back to the hole and the goby just stays at the back of the tank. Any ideas on how i can get these guys to pair up?

Attachments

• image-1008725302.jpg
    image-1008725302.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
They should run into each other eventually. Mine took about 3 weeks and the shrimp literally bumped into my hi fin banded when I was feeding and they've been together ever since

You should stop rescaping. That just makes the watchman get scared. Let them get used to the tank and then they will find each other.
Then you can rescape all you want.

I introduced a yellow watchman goby to my 20 long on friday and and added a pistol shrimp on saturday, the shrimp has found a rock he likes that has a bunch of holes in it and all he does is dig caves throughout the sand, the entrance to his layer being the hole in the rock. All my goby does is hide inside another rock and never comes out unless i put food next to his cave. I have rescaped the tank 3 times already but the shrimp always goes back to the hole and the goby just stays at the back of the tank. Any ideas on how i can get these guys to pair up?

Well when I introduced my shrimp to my goby, I lowered him with a net to the hole where my goby was. They paired up instantly. But like others have said, they'll probably pair up eventually. Pistol shrimp are very industrious little critters and will dig throughout most of the tank. It's only a matter of time until they find each other.

ForumRunner_20131226_200753.jpg

Mines took about a week to find each other but they eventually paired up

My gobie use to hide all the time to. after about 3 or 4 month he started coming out more and more he now comes out daily. At first I was thinking I made a mistake I thought I bought a fish I would never see now it's all good besides him a my pistol tearing up all the sand under my rocks and me having to straighten them back up every week lol

Back
Top Bottom