Hospital tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

El_fishman616

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'll like to start up a 40 gallon hospital tank. I like to know what are the basic things you may need. I was told by few it should be as detailed as you main tank mean all the pumps, timers, and different equipment . Would like you guys feed back what kind of set you may have possible can work for me .

I'll like to start up a 40 gallon hospital tank. I like to know what are the basic things you may need. I was told by few it should be as detailed as you main tank mean all the pumps, timers, and different equipment . Would like you guys feed back what kind of set you may have possible can work for me .

No light, a filter that doesn't remove meds, bare bottom, plenty of hidey spots.

My hosp/qt tank consist of a clamp on light with a cfl bulb a heater a HOB filter filled with poly-fill and 3 4in. pvc elbo's when im done every thing get a vinegar bath. the filter gets refilled with new poly-fill and is placed on my sump to reseed the poly this system has worked for me going on 13 yrs.

I was told by few it should be as detailed as you main tank mean all the pumps, timers, and different equipment .

You want quite the opposite. HOB filter, heater (if needed), and a place for the fish to hide & feel comfortable..... that's it.
I keep a small mesh bag of biomax in my sump so it's seeded with BB, and my mixing barrel that I pull pwc water from always has enough water mixed & at temp to fill my QT tank if needed (20 gallons). All I have to do is pull the biomax out, drop it in the small HOB filter, fill the tank with water, plug everything in, and I have a hospital/QT tank up & running within 10-15 minutes.

Also, for the hiding spots, get some big PVC elbows from Home Depot. The meds don't leach into them and they are cheap for what they are. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom