Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-06-2013, 11:24 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
hospital tank question

hi. i'm planning on treating my 3 fishes with cupermine in a hospital tank since they've got marine velvet or ich which i'm not sure of.
i have a 67 gallon FOWLR tank with a 3 inch wild caught clarkii clownfish which i suspect is the carrier of that disease.
then i also have a 50 gallon reef tank where clarkii lived before 2 ocellaris clowns and a lawnmower blenny arrived.

now, the male ocellaris has passed away. i can see a few spots on the female ocellaris under actinic but she's eating well and very active. i can't find any spots on the blenny but i understand it's infected as well. i could see one or two white spots on the clarkii and it's scratching but it's also eating extremely well and very active.

female ocellaris is about 2 inches, and the lawnmower blenny is about 3 inches.
my hospital tank is 15 gallon. can i treat all 3 of them together in that tank because i want to fallow my two tanks for 2 months? during that 2 months period, will the clarkii attack the ocellaris in that hospital tank since clarkii
are kind of aggressive towards other clowns? what should i do? thanks in advanced.

pyithar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:54 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
You could do all three in there as long as they get along with one another. You probably won't know until you try.

Odds are, if it was Velvet, your fish would be in bad shape or dead already. It tends to kill quick. It is not spots though...its usually more of a powdery coating than pimple-like spots.

TheTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:43 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie
i think the dead ocellaris had "Velvet" symptoms such as white powdery spots all over the head and body and staying in front of the powerhead all day. but i did not notice rapid breathing. so it might be ich. i believe cupermine cures both Velvet and Ich. so i guess i'll be ok.

thanks for the quick reply. i'll put the ocellaris and the blenny first, and then the clarkii. the one that starts fighting will have to wait 2 months for the treatment with itchiness
pyithar is offline   Reply With Quote

hospital tank, question, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com