Host Anemone & Ocellaris Clownfish???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
M

ManderRN1

I plan on getting a pair of Ocellaris clownfish- any suggestions on what anemones they will go to that are smaller (will fit OK in my 30 gal.), attractive, easier to care for, and are relatively inexpensive? I really wanted a blue carpet anemone- I think they're beautiful- but can't afford to pay $200 for one!

There is no anemone that is easy to care for. Plus 30 gallons is way too small to house one in. Clownfish do not need an anemone to be happy. They will do fine without one and will probably find something else, like soft coral or even a powerhead to hangout out around.

my clowns have been hanging around my new pom pom xenia and it is very easy to care for it is multiplying after just 2 weeks here.

Whats worse is most anenomes live very short lives in aquariums due to poor lighting and lack of suplmental feeding.

Anenomes in the wild have an unknown life span but some have estimated it to be well over 100 years.

To give you an idea of the lifespan fishfreak is talking about, the oldest living brain coral we know about is estimated at a minimum of 800 yrs old and some believe it is closer to 1200 yrs old.

WOW 800 to 1200 years old! :shocked!:

Is this Brain Coral in the Ocean or is it available to be seen at some aquarium somewhere?

Back
Top Bottom