Hosting clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
time, and patience.

also helps if you choose an anemone that would naturally host that particular species.

time, and patience.

also helps if you choose an anemone that would naturally host that particular species.

Truth... Time and patience and homework. I am currently reading any and all information regarding my first anemone. The info is consistently inconsistent lol. However, certain clown fish, true Percula or maroon clown can be introduced at the same time as the anemone to help hosting. Some people say the fish is the host and not the anemone. Some people say tank bred clown will never host a anemone, where others say it happens. This isn't even scratching the surface when it comes down to the difference of opinions and experiences. I currently have a tank bred and plan on buying my first bubble tip anemone in about a month. I still have not decided if i will buy a true maroon clown to go along with it, or just see if my little guy in my tank welcomes the anemone. There is sense in a tank bred not knowing what an anemone is appose to the true precula from the ocean that is familiar. Iv'e received tons of advice from LFS and forums however... I haven't made a decision just yet. Good luck. My noob two cents

Ronald Marcelo said:
Truth... Time and patience and homework. I am currently reading any and all information regarding my first anemone. The info is consistently inconsistent lol. However, certain clown fish, true Percula or maroon clown can be introduced at the same time as the anemone to help hosting. Some people say the fish is the host and not the anemone. Some people say tank bred clown will never host a anemone, where others say it happens. This isn't even scratching the surface when it comes down to the difference of opinions and experiences. I currently have a tank bred and plan on buying my first bubble tip anemone in about a month. I still have not decided if i will buy a true maroon clown to go along with it, or just see if my little guy in my tank welcomes the anemone. There is sense in a tank bred not knowing what an anemone is appose to the true precula from the ocean that is familiar. Iv'e received tons of advice from LFS and forums however... I haven't made a decision just yet. Good luck. My noob two cents

I also have a tank bred clown I hopeing he will host it because he's been look at it as he swims by

I also have a tank bred clown I hopeing he will host it because he's been look at it as he swims by

I have read that it takes weeks if not months. Good luck! And please let me know if it works because I am going to try the same. What type of anemone did you get?

Ronald Marcelo said:
I have read that it takes weeks if not months. Good luck! And please let me know if it works because I am going to try the same. What type of anemone did you get?

The cheap purple tip anemone

I found this video not too long ago.. Saw this thread and thought it'd be worth sharing. This method could probably be done just as easily in a 5 gallon bucket as well..

I found this video not too long ago.. Saw this thread and thought it'd be worth sharing. This method could probably be done just as easily in a 5 gallon bucket as well..

Wow amazing! I might try this or just wait it out. Unsure but this is very cool. Thanks!

Yea, no problem. I thought it was a pretty cool method as well. Plus it wouldnt hurt to give it a try.

Agreed...
I would like to see the natural occurrence too... Lol. Idc of it takes months... When it happens it would be magical no? Lol.

Back
Top Bottom