Hosts for Clownfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nuclear Queen

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am perfectly aware that tank raised clownfish don't need a host to be healthy/happy, but I want to have one. Can someone please LIST the corals and anemonies that will host clownfish? Thank you!

-------
I don't currently have a marine tank, but I will be setting one up WLR to cycle soon (hopefully). For now, I'm trying to get as much info as possible.

It's not to say the clowns will host anything in your tank. You can have different anemones in there and sometimes they prefer something else in your tank. Or it could take months for them to host it. I've got a green bubble tip an carpet in my tank with no clowns to host them. But they do live in a bunch of anthelia and a long tentacle plate coral. They choose their home not the other way around.

Yeah, my clowns fell in love with my flower pots, I am hoping they will eventually take on the BTA. We will see.

My clowns host everything. They are a bit ADD. They tend to host my rbta's the most but frequent frog spawns, Xenia and just about everything else that has tentacle like appendages.

I am perfectly aware that tank raised clownfish don't need a host to be healthy/happy, but I want to have one. Can someone please LIST the corals and anemonies that will host clownfish? Thank you!

-------
I don't currently have a marine tank, but I will be setting one up WLR to cycle soon (hopefully). For now, I'm trying to get as much info as possible.

Setting up a tank and having a few clown fish is one thing ,
But ideally you should wait a year before adding a anemone ,
They don't like parameter fluctuating at all

I had one almost 8 months then added a second a few months ago. I noticed them showing an interest in my hammer coral a few weeks ago and now they love it. I think it is neat but I hope my coral doesn't mind. I have read it can irritate them, you could get a hammer or similar and see what happens. I wouldn't hold your breath, I'm still confused on the sudden change.
img_2633358_0_bf3e7ed2c2323b77fba6d7319a53e472.jpg

They don't sleep in it but they spend most of the day there.https://www.aquariumadvice.com/atta...633358_0_bf3e7ed2c2323b77fba6d7319a53e472.jpg

I had one almost 8 months then added a second a few months ago. I noticed them showing an interest in my hammer coral a few weeks ago and now they love it. I think it is neat but I hope my coral doesn't mind. I have read it can irritate them, you could get a hammer or similar and see what happens. I wouldn't hold your breath, I'm still confused on the sudden change.
They don't sleep in it but they spend most of the day there.http://i1363.photobucket.com/albums/r715/ericwm14/th_image_zps59dc3bfe.jpg

I heard matching them up so the clowns don't host too aggressively .

I have 2 orange OC clowns that have hosted a torch coral, an elephant mushroom and an orange Ricordia. My black clown is hosting a blue mushroom......you never know.

Thanks, all! I guess I could use whatever I want!
But really, a year before introducing a coral??

Back
Top Bottom