house is being bombed for pest what should i do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Talk to the people doing the fumigation. They gave me a cover for my tank and then they fumigated....no problems all was Okay with the tank....

I just went through this. I removed my fish and unplugged everything and then covered the tank with a wet towel. I only had two fish, my tank was new. Everything is just fine now with the tank. One more thing, I did remove the filter and replaced it after fumigation.

I am an exterminator...what problem are they solving for you? I can tell you what they will probably be doing, and what you need to do.

I was an exterminator while I finished up last 2-years of college. If it is a roach or ant treatment, just cover the tank with a damp towel as mentioned above and unplug the pump. That was the advice we gave... however now being a fish hobbyist I think it may be better to leave the pump on with carbon filtration running. I don't know, I could be wrong about that, but definitely cover it with a damp towel. If the house is being fumigated for termites, I don't know what you need to do.

Like I said talk to the people doing the fumigation. I did termites and they gased and tented the whole house. Just follow their advise and you will be okay. I taped the plastic on and disconnected the pumps and ran carbon after.

well what i did was i covered everything and will turn off all pumps with they are gonna start the process. then after they i will do some water changes just in case.
i talked to them and all they said was to cover everything up.

thanks for all your advice

Back
Top Bottom