Houston, the polyps have landed! :D (and ID question...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RLG2182

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey everyone! Well, after testing my water again with 80 deg F, 0/0/0 and 3.5 alk/8.2 PH, I decided to take a friend on his offer for a small colony of yellow polyps. So far they are doing great! All of them are open and dangling in the current. :D

On the picture listed as "mystery" there seems to be a small growth of mushroom looking "things". Anyone have any idea on what they could be? They're about the size of a dime TOTAL. They don't flow back and forth and don't stick out from the LR too much. I've noticed them for a couple weeks now. Kinda fuzzy, kinda brown/yellow.

Thanks!! :new-bday:

Attachments

• tank_shot_5-31-05.jpg
    tank_shot_5-31-05.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 84
  • mystery_205.jpg
    mystery_205.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 74
  • yellow_polyps.jpg
    yellow_polyps.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 72
RLG2182 said:
On the picture listed as "mystery" there seems to be a small growth of mushroom looking "things". Anyone have any idea on what they could be? They're about the size of a dime TOTAL. They don't flow back and forth and don't stick out from the LR too much. I've noticed them for a couple weeks now. Kinda fuzzy, kinda brown/yellow.
Sure it's not a scleractinian? Kinda looks like an Acanthastrea sp...

Tanks looking great BTW. :wink:

Cheers
Steve

Hmmm... checked the pics of the Acan Lord and others... didn't *quite* look like it... but I could be wrong. I didn't add them... they just came with the LR from LR.com a month+ ago. Just noticed them starting to grow a bit... just verrrrrrrrrry slowly. :D

Wow, I really like how your rock is arranged. Very uniform, large overhang. Your fish will love it.

Yellow polyps are probably the easiest to take care of as far as coral goes (save for Xenia), and with the way your tank looks, I don't see you having any issues dumping a ton more stuff in there.

schoeplein said:
Wow, I really like how your rock is arranged. Very uniform, large overhang.

:D Thank you! I wanted two overflows so things would look uniform as well. I'm having trouble finding what I would buy with $150. I'm already picking up the simple stuff... like more test kits and an extra MJ1200 for my future auto-topoff unit.

I'm still lost on what else to buy. Maybe some corals... but not sure if it's "safe" to add them to a tank that's 2 months old. Maybe some shrooms & a leather? :?

Back
Top Bottom