How 2 stop coral from growing fast ?????????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weemanpow3

Aquarium Advice Freak
The corals in my tank are growing 2 fast and starting 2 take over my tank. wat should I do. thats my list below

Corals

Pink pulsing xezenia
pink pom pom xezenia
kenya tree
yellow polyp
buttom polyp

It's so annoying- I have two mushrooms that have done NOTHING since I got them.

I have a blue/violet mushroom that has stayed the same size since I got it over a month ago...... I don't know what it's problem is. lol

I have the same mushrooms that grow like weeds but a months time is really not a lot of time to see some major growth. Let me know in about 4 or 5 months what is going on. And as far as your corals growing too large you can take it back to the LFS and trade for another coral or for store credit.

How can I frag them. I guess now my tank is mature enough to handle anything. Also Coral Line has been growing everyware and some spots look discoloered like green and maby white but same shape as coral line. what does that mean. Thats a good Idea ill probley sell them back 2 the LFS or give away.

fraging them is were you cut peices off of your parent coral, I have never done it so you will need to talk to someone who has!

I've got the same problem with my pink xenia.

If you want to just open up some room in your xenia patches you can place some rubble rock in them.
Ater about a week or two the surrounding xenia will have attached to the rubble.
Carefully pick-up the rubble and peel off from the main colony any stalks that are attached to the rubble.

If you want to remove some specific stalks of xenia just peel them off the rocks using a credit card or razor blade.
(I use a bamboo chopstick that I've carved down the end into a little "spatula" shape.)

Any removed loose stalks can either be placed on some rubble rock in a low/no flow area of your tank to attach, or you can bag them and trade/sell/ship them unattached.

Weeman
I had the same problem, but turned my problem into heaven. I started fragging my xenias and polyps a while back. So far in less than 3 months I have made $500 at least!!! This is nice as they still want me to keep them coming!! Do yourself a favor and frag and then take to the LFS!!!

Back
Top Bottom