Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-25-2004, 10:01 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
How about this mix?

I have a NEW 72g bow front (48inch wide), 100 lbs. live rock, sand, wet/dry, aquac urchin in sump, tight fitting glass hood. No fish yet (cycling).

I'm wanting a FOWLR.

I was wondering peoples thoughts on the compatibility of these three fish:

snowflake eel + picasso trigger + harlequin tusk wrasse

I know they all have weird compat issues, and was wondering other peoples thoughts on having these 3 in the same tank.

Is the tank too small to house just these 3?

I'm assuming high waste output, so is the aquac, wet/dry, water changes enough?

Is there a recommended order of adding these to the tank?

I've read TONS of info from this site and others, but maybe you can see why wanting these 3 can cause some confusion.

If these 3 can't mix, what combo of TWO can?

Thanks in advance!

Ch33ky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 12:04 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Does this compatability chart help you? It lists just the fish, not specific varieties though.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 01:05 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
I have almost the exact same set up as you and am considering similar inhabitants. Right now I just have a small snowflake eel in there. I was looking at a picasso trigger, a volitan lion, and a harlequin tusk.

So I guess this question applies to both of us. From what I have read though, these should be fine together. I would suggest adding the trigger last though.
tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 03:57 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Yeah I've seen many compatability charts like that one, except they aren't specific enough.

For these 3 it is a "Use Caution." So atleast it isn't a "no".
I've actually seen in fish stores a picasso and tusk together, and picassos and snowflake eels together (albeit mixing of fish in stores doesn't mean that much). Haven't seen snowflake plus tusk yet, but by association and "use caution" you think it'd be ok.

I was really looking to see if anyone had a tank with any mix of these 3 fishes already. If so, maybe tell some stories (if any) about them being in the same tank.
Ch33ky is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com