How Big Is To Big??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeA

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok I was checkinig out my tank at night with a flash light and noticed 1 .....in my opinion large bristol worm. He was about as big around as a pencil and about 4" of him was outside the rock he appearently lives in. Is he dangerous....should I trap him?

I have at least one that big. I see him once in a Blue. I usually watch him until he crawls away. Cool Fellow.

I dont think your guy is a problem.

Lets see what the Jury says :mrgreen:

They clean your substrate. I saw one in my tank grabbing stuuf of the substrate, and retreating into the rock when I got too close.

They are thugs and opportunistic feeders in my experience. Opinions being what they are, short of breaking down your tank you'll never be rid all of them, but large ones should be removed if possible. I bought a 6 line, and I am much happier with my worm population. If its not munching on anything its not a problem. If its doing damage, as were mine, its a problem.

GL!

I've never had mine cause any damage. My tank has MANY of them. 90% of the time I don't even see them. When it's feeding time they poke their heads out of the tank and there are LOTS of them. Never had any problems I could attribute to them. I even have one thats at least as big around as a pencil... I hardly ever see him unless I'm night diving, so to speak.

Back
Top Bottom