How can i or should I break off from the piece it came glued?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Emelinda76

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a few frags glued with epoxy glue ..

How can i or should I break off from the piece it came glued?

Any suggestions?

Light stand: 72 inch Current USA 12x39W Lights: Current T5HO (2)-10kk True lumen T5HO (6)-12kk. Power white Current T5HO (4)-460nm Actinics 220 gallons custom tank

it's up to you. you can break them off of the plug with a screwdriver or similar, or just put the whole thing in the tank and let it grow over it in time.

mr_X said:
it's up to you. you can break them off of the plug with a screwdriver or similar, or just put the whole thing in the tank and let it grow over it in time.

Ok so it will outgrow the plug into the LR .. But should I glue the plug to the LR so it doesnt move?

Light stand: 72 inch Current USA 12x39W Lights: Current T5HO (2)-10kk True lumen T5HO (6)-12kk. Power white Current T5HO (4)-460nm Actinics 220 gallons custom tank

You can if you'd like. People do that often if they have livestock like turbo snails that knock things over a bunch

I use the gel style of crazy glue. put a globe on where it will contact the lr and hold for a few seconds and you're done. If I remember I also have a little margarine container filled with a little tank water that I dip the glued section in so that the initial "skin" stays in the container and not in the tank. But I've done both with neither showing ill effects.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom