How Can I put a Tight Lid on my 40g Breeder?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 40g Breeder that I want to keep an eel in, not sure what kind but something small but i know they like to escape so iv been trying to brainstorm how I can make a tight fiting lid. The problem I have is the tank is not drilled so in order to have a protien skimmer on the tank it must hang on the side of the tank. I figure i better have a skimmer if I have an eel and I have a spare HOB skimmer not the best thing but imo better then nothing. I just cant figure out how I put a lid that he cant get out of if I have the skimmer on teh tank. do I need to ditch the skimmer maybe? what would you do?

what the size of the lid?acrylic is easy to cut as long as you take it slow..but if you dont have the tools or the skills you can order pre cut acrylic from tapplastics.com they have all kind of goodies there even the glues to fuse the acrylics into 1 water tight piece they also have h t l inserts so you can make a box or what ever you need

Back
Top Bottom