How close to the top do you keep your tank filled to?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Krypt

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Title says it all, just wondering what level everyone keeps their tanks at. I keep mine about 1-2 inches from the top so I can get some great surface turbulence going.

Mine is usually less than an inch. I keep it so the trim is covering the water line. I don't need a ton of surface agitation. Just enough to break up the oils and such. My skimmer and sump are enough to keep the water oxygenated.

I think it depends on the tank. All of mine are planted freshwater, so I fill it all the way up to the filter output.

Mine is usually less than an inch. I keep it so the trim is covering the water line. I don't need a ton of surface agitation. Just enough to break up the oils and such. My skimmer and sump are enough to keep the water oxygenated.

This is how I keep mine also. Have a PH, HOB filter and skimmer breaking my water surface, but still have some oil slicks on the top of my water (thast what I call them)

If you have a predrilled Reef Ready tank you have no choice. ;) The water line is just above the plastic trim on mine.

Back
Top Bottom