Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-31-2004, 11:55 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak
It looked pretty bad in the bag... Gotta say it was looking iffy but I put the pods in the fuge and did the lights out no flow baster thing on the mysis. Well I had mixed results... The mysis were just pummeled from what I can tell. Have not seen one since that day. But as a very postive side note it got my powder blue eating something other than algea on a clip. So it was worth it. Now I can feed her frozen mysis and live or frozen brine.. She loves the stuff. Will not eat flake or frozen food yet but that is another thread, back to the pods. I have to say I totally felt jipped when I opened the box to find a bag with about a cup of water in it with just a few little white specks. But about 2 weeks later My tank has literally exploded with pods... It is just unreal.. and they are much bigger (I guess from not being hunted to extintion by the goby) once they hit the main tank as well. So I have to say with the addition of the pods the carlupa and the cheatamorph algea the Fuge is the best thing I have put on my tank other than my Aqua C.

Thanks for all the help guys

Doan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 12:02 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via AIM to alarmguy66 Send a message via Yahoo to alarmguy66
why not turn al the lights off before dumping them in? My fish go into slow-mo at night.

alarmguy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 12:51 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus
Thanks for the update!

Do you let the pods migrate to the display via the pump or do you move some manually?

I need to get this set up for my Mandarin....
ellisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 02:25 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak
I had the lights off but I also did this at about 6pm when I got home from work and my fish know exactly what is going on at 6pm. I walk in count them make sure xenia is pulsing (I read somewhere that will be the first thing that will stop if something in the tank is wrong. Don't know if its true but I do it) Check the temp take little dish I use to thaw out food and take a little bit of water out to thaw out food and soak algea for tang. So turning off the lights did nothing to make them relax. They just had a little frenzy in the dark. Kinda like a fish Rave if you will. Also I let them just let the pods migrate in and they seem to be in there in abundence. No anthropods.. May try them next but copepods everywhere I have the algea stacked pretty high so mabye that helps but I have noticed quite a gain in my pod numbers since the purchase. It may just be a concidence cause I got it about a week after the fuge but I want to be positive and I think that it deff. helped jump start the population.

Doan is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com