How do I catch this guy????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

laura9797

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Came back from vacation and noticed a small goby was missing...I figured he died. Was under the tank cabinet looking for a scrubber and saw something in my sump...it was the little goby....who has gotten a bit bigger. How in the heck can I catch him without having to dismantle everything in the sump? Any suggestions on how to rig up something to catch him? Any ideas on how he got in there???? I think I should call him Nemo :brows:

He most likely jumped the overflow and was sucked down there. You could try and corner him with 2 nets and catch him. If that doesnt work you could probably trap him with an easy trap made out of acrylic or a 2-liter bottle. Trapping him might be easy since hes probably pretty hungry. Put some food in the trap and see if you get lucky and he goes for it.

CAUGHT HIM!!! Wahooo!!! I am going to transplant him into my little fluval for now...when he gets bigger, back to the big tank with him!

Back
Top Bottom