How do I clean...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Animal-Chin

Aquarium Advice Addict
the black plastic overflows in my tank. I have one in each corner and they are covered in old dead (Id assume) coraline and other green stuff. Tank is empty. I tried a scrubbrush with vinegar on it, nope didn't take it off. Is there a way to get it back to just black?

Thanks.

Fill it all the way up with water then pour vinegar in with a pump circulating the water let it sit like that for a couple of hours. Then you can scrub it right off. Make sure you rinse the tank out good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

125 gallon tank that isn't plumbed yet so it has 4 holes in it. Plus, to soak them I'd need what, 40 gallons of vinegar to the 125 of water?

I'm looking more for a scrub solution...

Soak some newspaper or towel or something in vinegar and lay it on the plastic. Make sure you get full contact. You may need to tilt tank. Should have same effect as filling tank.

I too like that idea

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Soak some newspaper or towel or something in vinegar and lay it on the plastic. Make sure you get full contact. You may need to tilt tank. Should have same effect as filling tank.

either that or use a jackhammer.

I used a steam cleaner on my old tank before I sold it,made it look like new and got rid of all the algae.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom