Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-01-2013, 03:46 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

how do I divide and concer

I'm new to the salt side of aquatic life but I'd like to get my anaemia to devide so I can give two of my clowns their own home and they won't fight over the one I have any suggestions on how to do this I know I have a male do to the spluge it puts out every time i clean my tink so I am alway ready to accept free salt water stuff no matter how little or much if you want to contact me directly you can pm me. thanks for the help and stuff when I starte getting it haha

Old 09-02-2013, 12:49 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

If your two clowns are paired (male and female) chances are they won't both host a separate anemone. My pair of clowns host a nem but the female never let's the male in and I have multiple anemones in the tank. You shouldn't want you nem to split anyway, if its happy and healthy leave it be...

Old 09-02-2013, 01:38 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDDe39 View Post
I'm new to the salt side of aquatic life but I'd like to get my anaemia to devide so I can give two of my clowns their own home and they won't fight over the one I have any suggestions on how to do this I know I have a male do to the spluge it puts out every time i clean my tink so I am alway ready to accept free salt water stuff no matter how little or much if you want to contact me directly you can pm me. thanks for the help and stuff when I starte getting it haha
It's generally a bad thing if a nem divides.

If your clowns are fighting then there's other issues. What type are they? how large are they? How long have you had them? Were they together in a tank when you bought them?

Also, what size is your tank and how long has it been set up?
Old 09-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDDe39 View Post
I know I have a male do to the spluge it puts out every time i clean my tink
I'm not sure the "slpuge" is anything but it pooping out of its mouth (thats what they do) after digesting a tasty meal.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com