How do i get more water from my overflow to my W/D system?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kafer

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Up until recently I have been using a Powerhead 802 to pump water back to the tank from my wet/dry filter to my 75 gallon tank. I was told that I should really have a lot more water the head pressure on the 802 it wasn’t pumping near enough water. Recently I got a Little Giant 2-MDQ-SC as my return pump. When I plumbed in the new pump I installed a ball valve. If the ball valve is wide open, the pump will eventually suck the wet/dry system dry. How do I get more water flow to the wet/dry system via my overflow box so I can open up the ball valve for more water movement? Am I just better off running it as is and installing the 802 inside the tank? I’m trying to keep as much equipment out of the tank as possible. A guy at one of the LFS said to use another U tube but that didn’t seem to help the issue. Thanks in advance.

Get yourself a bigger/better overflow to match or exceed your pump,dont worry if you exceed because the overflow will only give what it gets back from the pump...

reefbound said:
Get yourself a bigger/better overflow to match or exceed your pump,dont worry if you exceed because the overflow will only give what it gets back from the pump...
I have found a couple overflow systems online that will supposedly do up towards 1000 gph but they are over 100 dollars. I was thinking there has to be a cheaper way.

melosu58 said:
drop the overflow lower into the tank.
I will give this a try tonight.

I have another overflow setup, do you guys think it would be beneficial to add it as well or would it be more hassle then its worth?
Thanks for the advice !

Back
Top Bottom