How do I get rid of those little feather dusters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

muzanji

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anyone know the best way of getting rid of those little baby feather dusters that seem to be spreading like weeds? I know butterflies eat them but my Yellow Tang will probably destroy the butterfly (at least a copper banded one anyways). Any inverts that eat them?

Thanks,
K.

Oh sorry, yes Reef Tank with Fish (Blue Tang, yellow tang, six line wrasse, chromis', 2 percs), 90 gallons, 90-100lbs of live rock, 3 inch sand bed, lots of feather dusters all over.

Thanks!
K.

might try some kind of shrimo such as a peppermint, or sexy shrimp, peppermints will eat zoo's, but im not sure about feather worms, ive read that sexy's will eat some kinds of worms, i don't know about feeathers,

why get rid of them. Its good to have them in your tank it means your doing something right and there happy in there. They dont bother anything why not keep them in :?:

why get rid of them. Its good to have them in your tank it means your doing something right and there happy in there. They dont bother anything why not keep them in

That's my question.

Send them to me! If you need my addy I will be happy to give it to you. But to answer your question....? :roll:

Hmm, good point(s) about the feather duster. I know they're harmless and are actually beneficial. Although, as the old cliche goes, too much of a good thing? I guess I just find them unsightly. The proliferated baby ones anyways. I have numerous feather dusters that are pleasent to look at that vary in size from 1 inch up to 5 inchs ( aprox diameters). Then there are all these little 2-4 cm dusters all over the sand bed, climbing rocks, the glass walls, everywhere! I'm sure I don't need *that* many.

I'd be more than happy to ship a bag of them abroad but they are pretty tiny and I'm not sure how well they'd ship.

Anyways, thanks for the tips.

K.

well if you don't like them, and they are becoming a nuiassence, maybe try syphoning some of them out.
good luck,
Mermaid

Back
Top Bottom