how do i stop it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sirfishmaster

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a pincushion urchin, this think eats and eats and eats, the problem is it eats only the purple coraline algae....you can actually see the path that it has taken, strips it right down.....can i add something for it to eat on its own? or how long does it take for the purple to grow back?

thanks in advance

doug

I have several urchins including a purple and what I do is target feed them a small strip of nori a couple times a week. I works great, they now work on hair algae and pretty much leave the coraline.

nori is seaaweed u can get it from a asian food store or some pet stores

eating coraline isnt all bad, as it passes through his system it will spread coraline algea spores all over the tank

well, i did notice that there were these little perfect tiny balls all around where he ate....so the waste will spread the spores? how long would that take to grow?

doug

There is a guy selling 100 sheets of Nori on ebay. I bought 1 batch from him for 14 bux, still vaccum sealed in the original packaging. I was paying 4 to 4.50 for it at my lfs :roll:

Back
Top Bottom