Be sure your tank's levels of nitrate and phosphate are undetectable. If you are not using RO
water, consider finding a source of RO
and switching. Cutting back on the time your lights are on may help some but IMO
will not solve the problem. The algae is feeding on excess nutrients in your tank, the cause is to find the source of these nutrients and eliminate them, thus the algae consumes all the nutrients and then starves and dies off. Be sure you are not overfeeding. If you have a phosphate problem, try running a phosphate remover in your filter. You can also set up a refuge in which you grow macroalgaes that will compete with the nuisance algaes in the main tank for nutrients. Once the macroalgaes get growing, harvest them back every so often to remove nutrients.
Post some detailed info about your tank and you'll get some more specific help. HTH