Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-17-2004, 05:21 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

We got 2 false percs for our toadstool, moved the toadstool down to where the clowns spent alot of time and that evening they started to host it! Just a thought

Old 05-17-2004, 07:42 PM   #12

Even if you get a sebae clown it dosen't mean it will host. It could also be harrased by your current clown. Not a good idea in my opinion, and until the anemone regains all its color I wouldn't even worry about something hosting it. Try to recover the anemone first.
Old 05-17-2004, 08:57 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

My two Ocellaris clowns haven't gone near my Rose Bulb, I think I remember reading something that an anemone releases chemicals in the water that will attract the clowns. If they are tank raised they really don't know the chemical.

When my new tank is setup I am going to get a tomato clown for the rose bulb.
Old 05-17-2004, 09:28 PM   #14

I don't think that is true, and there isn't any proof to back it up. TR clowns will host, it dosen't matter. They use anemones as a refuge from predators. No predators in a tank so why should they bother? Wild clowns just may generally be more skittish, so they may host more readily.
Old 05-17-2004, 09:37 PM   #15
steve-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaker
If they are tank raised they really don't know the chemical.
Agreed with six-line. TR raised is actually still WC while quite small or just after hatching. They are still wild born not to be confused with TB (tank bred).

In either case TR or TB, I do not think the instincts are any less potent.

Cheers
Steve
Old 05-17-2004, 09:52 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Regular

ok this is the 3rd time im writing this stupid back button I was saying I have a true purcula and polyops with long stalks and a couple weeks ago I noticed my clown rubb againts them. Then all of a sudden he swam through them it was soo cool!! now he always swims in them and looks like hes stuck because he sticks out alot only thing is that he doesnt sleep in it. but he is hosting

try a laser pointer and play with the clown with it and and keep moving it to the anenome just give it time they might go in even if you get wild clowns they still might not go in I dont think its worth buying a wild clown just for the anenome its not worth it
Old 05-17-2004, 10:00 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well my 2 false percs. look like they might be taking up with my haitian. Today it looks like they are guarding it and chasing off any "intruders"

Vote for AquariumAdvice
dralarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 11:23 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic

According to 'Finding Nemo" probably an anemone with view will help. Its all about location, location, location.
Old 05-18-2004, 09:39 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Freak

lol
mrmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 02:28 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Activist

I read that somewhere, internet is not always right, this I realize...

I think it's all about location and view.

Tags
anemone, clown

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com