How do you "invite" a clown to his Anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's weird but I heard of a guy at a good lfs who put a picture up on the side of his tank near his anemone, of a perc in a anemone and he moved the pic just slightly every now and then and it seemed to educate his TR perc to go into his anemone.

These little guys are tank raised and don't know what an anemone is. For people like me who feel an anemone is too hard to keep, we can still feel good about keeping a perc without the guilt of not having a home for it.

I have heard that leather corals work and also so do hairy mushrooms. I bought some really nice hairy mushrooms and my false perc didn't want anyhing to do with it but my little yellow gobie took to it like a fish to water..... :p 8O :p

justmy2cents said:
Well my 2 false percs. look like they might be taking up with my haitian. Today it looks like they are guarding it and chasing off any "intruders" :mrgreen:

My two false percs were just eaten by my Haitian :(

Caught the guy in the act on fishie #2.

Wonder if that is where by damsel went 8O

JG said:
Wonder if that is where by damsel went 8O
More than possible. Many types of damsels will "hover" between the tentacles of condylactis species for protection but are equaly at risk as any other fish.

If a clown does host in an atlantic species, it's more luck than nature. :wink:

Cheers
Steve

I'm seriously thinking about taking him out and seeing if my LFS will take the Haitian. He's gorgeous but I have now lost 3 fish and I think that my scooter might have been "tagged" by the anemone. He does not seem to be able to move as well as before - kinda like partial paralysis if that is possible.

"Once an anenome has a taste for blood. He will never stop killing . Not ever. He can't. And there ain't nothing that you or I or any-damn-body can do about it."

Well

He went back to the LFS today. After the demise of 5 fish ( including my scooter blenny - my kids' favorite) I decided that pretty or not, he couldn't stay. I hope he finds a good home.

Losses to the anemone :

1 scooter blenny
2 false perculas
1 blue devel damsel
1 yellow tail blue damsel

The remaining fish look very relaxed this evening :lol:

"Once an anenome has a taste for blood. He will never stop killing . Not ever. He can't. And there ain't nothing that you or I or any-darn-body can do about it."

Interesting...

Anyways im surprised all these fish were killed. What size tank is this? Im assuming its very small and they really couldn't avoid the anemone ecspecially at night. I have never had any loses to my anemones, and ive had condies. Also are you running a fuge or something for pods for the scooter? He may have died of starvation unless hes on prepared foods.

Six-Line said:
"]
"What size tank is this? Im assuming its very small and they really couldn't avoid the anemone ecspecially at night."

Nope - wrong assumption.

" I have never had any loses to my anemones, and ive had condies. "

Hope that it continues for you.

"Also are you running a fuge or something for pods for the scooter? He may have died of starvation unless hes on prepared foods."

He was.

Back
Top Bottom