Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-19-2004, 04:58 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Regular

It's weird but I heard of a guy at a good lfs who put a picture up on the side of his tank near his anemone, of a perc in a anemone and he moved the pic just slightly every now and then and it seemed to educate his TR perc to go into his anemone.

These little guys are tank raised and don't know what an anemone is. For people like me who feel an anemone is too hard to keep, we can still feel good about keeping a perc without the guilt of not having a home for it.

I have heard that leather corals work and also so do hairy mushrooms. I bought some really nice hairy mushrooms and my false perc didn't want anyhing to do with it but my little yellow gobie took to it like a fish to water..... :P 8O :P

50 gallon saltwater fish only...1 mated pair yellowtail damsels, neon dottyback, tomato clown, huma trigger, lemonpeel angel, 12 stripe wrase, bi-color blenny, dozen or so hermit crabs-scarlet and mexican, cerith snails, turbo snails, orange linkia starfish, 50 plus pounds of purple-pink coraline encrusted rock and a few mushrooms.

Redsea prism protein skimmer, 404 Fluval, UGF with two 201 powerheads.

7 gallon tank with 6 pounds of live rock and countless brittlestars, 5 hermit crabs, snails and 1 False Percula Clown fish and Camel Back Dancing shrimp
1neondottyback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 08:39 PM   #22
JG
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmy2cents
Well my 2 false percs. look like they might be taking up with my haitian. Today it looks like they are guarding it and chasing off any "intruders"
My two false percs were just eaten by my Haitian

Caught the guy in the act on fishie #2.

Wonder if that is where by damsel went 8O

Old 05-20-2004, 09:34 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
My two false percs were just eaten by my Haitian
Now your scaring me. Maybe I need to remove him. 8O

Vote for AquariumAdvice
dralarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 09:55 PM   #24
steve-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG
Wonder if that is where by damsel went 8O
More than possible. Many types of damsels will "hover" between the tentacles of condylactis species for protection but are equaly at risk as any other fish.

If a clown does host in an atlantic species, it's more luck than nature.

Cheers
Steve
Old 05-21-2004, 12:26 PM   #25
JG
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I'm seriously thinking about taking him out and seeing if my LFS will take the Haitian. He's gorgeous but I have now lost 3 fish and I think that my scooter might have been "tagged" by the anemone. He does not seem to be able to move as well as before - kinda like partial paralysis if that is possible.
Old 05-21-2004, 01:39 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
"Once an anenome has a taste for blood. He will never stop killing . Not ever. He can't. And there ain't nothing that you or I or any-****-body can do about it."
Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 11:34 PM   #27
JG
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Well

He went back to the LFS today. After the demise of 5 fish ( including my scooter blenny - my kids' favorite) I decided that pretty or not, he couldn't stay. I hope he finds a good home.

Losses to the anemone :

1 scooter blenny
2 false perculas
1 blue devel damsel
1 yellow tail blue damsel

The remaining fish look very relaxed this evening
Old 05-23-2004, 01:08 AM   #28

Quote:
"Once an anenome has a taste for blood. He will never stop killing . Not ever. He can't. And there ain't nothing that you or I or any-darn-body can do about it."
Interesting...

Anyways im surprised all these fish were killed. What size tank is this? Im assuming its very small and they really couldn't avoid the anemone ecspecially at night. I have never had any loses to my anemones, and ive had condies. Also are you running a fuge or something for pods for the scooter? He may have died of starvation unless hes on prepared foods.
Old 05-24-2004, 12:14 PM   #29
JG
Aquarium Advice FINatic

[quote="Six-Line"][quote]
"]
"What size tank is this? Im assuming its very small and they really couldn't avoid the anemone ecspecially at night."

Nope - wrong assumption.

" I have never had any loses to my anemones, and ive had condies. "

Hope that it continues for you.

"Also are you running a fuge or something for pods for the scooter? He may have died of starvation unless hes on prepared foods."

He was.

Tags
anemone, clown

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com