zooanthid toxins can be far worse than a rash.
" Caution should be exhibited when handling these corals however as they emit a powerful Palythoa Toxin. It is best to be cautious and handle these corals with rubber gloves on. If the toxin (less than 10 grams) enters the bloodstreem through the smallest cut on your hand you can get very sick and this is known to even cause death. If you have flu-like symptoms without a fever and you handled these corals bare handed you may want to seek immediate medical attention."
can enter bloodstream when you touch your eyes with infectted hands, or your mouth. can even transfer tto food.
i've read it can eeven be in tthe water, so always wash your hands after they've been in the tank if you have these corals. it can be difficult to tell which species are toxic, and which are harmless. always assume you have tthe 'dangerous' kind, and you should be ok.
Former advisor and planted tank geek...life's moved on though.