How do you replace a UGF+CC with a DSB (Sorry to keep buging

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mojoreef Mike:

I really appreciate your logical and balanced approach to the whole substrate debate. I currently have a 75 Gal FO that I want to convert to FOWLR.

I spent the money and feel like I'm invested in CC and don't really want to change if I don't have to (I just want whats best for the tank). Do you think that the addition of LR should be slow? And can I continue to use my Emperor 400(2x bio-wheel (nitrate factory??)) and Magnum 350 canister until I have the necessary amount of LR (~110 lbs?) for my 75 Gal? What about afterwards, can I continue using them as is unmodified, or should I remove the sponge and or carbon and or biowheels? That is turn them into really expensive PHs... Perhaps it was fortuitus that I bought the Magnum 350 with the PowerKleen Gravel cleaner since I have CC and want to keep it. (I've been seriously planning the DSB conversion)

I am so consumed with this issue because I just want what's best for my tank now and in the long haul, that I am tempted to just sell my tank if I can't find a good balanced approach so that I'm not consumed by this anymore. So any good advice and reassurance that the money I've already spent on filtration and substrate will not have to be totally thrown out would me immensely appreciated.

TIA

Back
Top Bottom