How do you return a fish to the LFS?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's how i rinsed my sand. Put about a gallon in a 3 gallon bucked, then filled with water, and dumped the water back out...... Did that several times which got rid of a fare share of the "dust" I quit noticing a lot of dust floating after the first 6-8 weeks. I would say by far my goby is the most fascinating fish that I have, and have seen. I hate to hear you say you want to take him back. HTH

Cmor, you can return fish to Absolutely Fish in Clifton also. Are you in Jackson? I've been to The Reefs but wasn't overly impressed.

DJ, We used to buy our SW from Trop but decided to start mixing our own. It just wasn't convenient enough. We picked up salt online for 50$ shipped which beat the prices they were willing to sell it for. We also got one of the Filter Direct RO/DI units off of ebay so we're pretty self sufficient now. Last I checked with them they were using Instant Ocean Reef Crystals. We stuck with that when we started buying buckets of salt. We setup our tank in December with the stuff we bought from them.

Oh and we didn't rinse our sand either. It hasn't been a problem. Our maroon stirs the sand in her cave but it clears pretty quickly.

I hate to hear you say you want to take him back

Due to the fact that we could not catch him, and that a few folks here think the clouding will calm down after a while, we have decided to keep him. My son named his Sandy, even though I prefer Pigpen since he has a constant cloud of dirt around him at all times.

Phyl
We are also mixing our own SW now too. We don't have a RO/DI system so we buy the distilled water from Walmart and mix it with Instant Ocean. We have been having great luck with that.

Where's the best place you have found to buy the salt online?

DJ

Most recently I used Big Al's Online (www.bigalsonline.com) but before that I did a Froogle search and used the cheapest one that I came across (unfortunately they're no longer in business). I paid 45$ shipped per bucket this time around.

Back
Top Bottom