How do you tell LFS they are wrong?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That doesnt explain the overprised dry good though

Actually it does. Dry goods don't die, they are guaranteed to make money on them if they sell them, fish are a different story. There are no transshipping facilities or local collection sites in Oklahoma, so these people have to call in orders, they do not get to pick out their live stock, they call in and tell them I want this this this and this....these fish are then bagged up and shopped from either FL or CA, and they have to pay the freight, probably 1/3-1/2 are doa and there are no guarantees on these fish, not even from the wholesaler. Where do they make their money up?? The livestock that lives and the drygoods.

zacdl,

You know that the water testing on water removed from the tank and transported is only good for about 20 minutes. Maybe that is why the results are coming out saying you do not have enough of this or that. I would suggest telling them that you live like 40 minutes away and the water could not possibly be reading write. See what they say to that.

I like about 15 mins away, but that water did sit out.

The 15 minute ride.

Then he was busy so he said "Just set it down Ill get to it later"

I can bet you it was more than 5 mins anyways.

Compared to yours? :D

I would rather just put everything there so I wont have to tell everyone what I have all the time.

Zac, I recommend you buy kits for Ph, NH3, NO2, NO3, PO4, ALK, CA and monitor levels yourself. This is much easier for your and you are not working on the LFS's schedule.

Compared to yours?

I would rather just put everything there so I wont have to tell everyone what I have all the time.

good point

PLEASE NOTE:

When you fill in your profile, there is a place that says "description of tanks"...make use of this and give us all a break.

zacdl said:
I like about 15 mins away, but that water did sit out.

The 15 minute ride.

Then he was busy so he said "Just set it down Ill get to it later"

I can bet you it was more than 5 mins anyways.

Most likely it did not read correctly. You might consider getting the kits like other folks have suggested.

Back
Top Bottom