How does this filtration method sound?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sdaccord03

Aquarium Advice Regular
I want to run the Berlin method (do they still call it that or is that now considered standard?) on my 55 gallon tank. I've got 20 lbs of rock right now, 10 live, 10 base, with another 40 lbs from LR.com coming in today. I plan to add another 20 lbs or so in the near future.

I am running an Emperor 400 with the biowheels removed and with Kent-brand Reef Carbon and an Aquarium Systems protein skimmer with a Rio 600V water pump feeding it.

Does this filtration sound good? My last reef had a W/D system and I always had nitrate problems. I'm using RO water for water changes. What do you guys/gals think of my filtration system? I have room under the tank for a refugium someday also because my phosphates were running around 0.5. Thanks in advance.

JW

Attachments

• 55gal1.jpg
    55gal1.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 194
I have 260W of light over an 18" tank. (Coralife 4x65W PCs) I do plan to keep anything and everything that I can so eventually I know I'll need to add: Strontium/Molebdynm (sp?), Iodine, Calcium, kalkwasser.

I'd prefer to add calcium from a bottle and then add RO water instead of setting up a kalk drip method. (That is why people use kalk right? for calcium?) Thanks for the response and any more info would be great.

JW
www.myreeftank.us

Back
Top Bottom