How does this pink bubble coral look ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brenden

Aquarium Advice Addict
We got this about a week or so ago and it is now showing signs of deflation in the middle. The current is not strong where I put it and the water is perfect. I do have black urchins that sometimes get to close. Is it ill or does anyone see something obvious that needs taken care of. Thank you all.
"The Wife"

It looks pretty good. If you aren't already I would start feeding it after lights out w/ some brine shrimp. You'll know when its ready to feed by the fact that the bubbles deflate and it sends out sweeper tentacles.

It looks ok to me. What you really need to look for is soft tissue recession along the skeleton. Sometimes bubble corals and other LPS corals that have tentacles or large visible areas look really healthy but thier tissues is slowly receding underneath. Just keep an eye out, and remember bubble coral's sweepers have an impressive reach and sting.

Looks fine too me. I wish my wife showed as much intrest as bredens wife does.

She has been concerned so I moved it today to location with a little more light to see how it does.

Looks good. 8)

I just added one yesterday. I saw the tenacles last night already. Target feed when lights go out and it should be fine.

I know they can be fairly aggressive, does anyone know the recomended distance to keep them away from other corals?

I have yet to see this corals feeding tenticles. When lights go out he just deflates until morning. Any suggestions on feeding?

Back
Top Bottom