How important is moonlights?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

torontofc

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've been doing some research on this, I found out some people say that moonlight should be turned on during the night time (when the main lights are off), will that effect much on the corals? Will it help the coral growths alot? thks

Moonlights have 0 effect on anything in the tank, they only exists for people. Some people like to see their tanks at night so they get moonlights, instead of turning on the main lamps during the night... they make for great nightlights though!

It was thought that "moonlights" would cause corals to spawn as in the phases of the moon. Well, It did not, but the makers of AQ lights jumped on it and made most lights with a moon light option. As uscamaor stated, it makes for a nice nightlight. LOL

I`ve never had them in my 13 yrs of reef keeping. My computer screen is my moonlights LOL.

Hahaha my cpu is the same. I always feel bad going from bright light to absolutely no light so my cpu screen is there night light haha

yep, i've used them on some tanks and not used them on others, and have had no differences either way. if you want moon lights, you could put a blue night light in the wall outlet in the room. that will work just as good as one over the tank...or a computer screen even..

Back
Top Bottom