how is the biocube stock lights?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davidmaguirre

Aquarium Advice Activist
Are the stock 29 gallon compact florescents good lights for coral since the tank is small and not really deep?

I think you can grow a decent amount of corals but definately not anemones. I know they will work for some corals but might not with ones that require high light

+1 They are good for most basic corals but no nems and no high light corals. I havent changed my lights out so I;m pretty satisfied with them. The lighting upgrades are obscenely expensive fyi.

Haha yeah I just knew what I said from carey and reading the box.
And to upgrade your lights its like $400
0_0

You could grow almost any coral but sps. You could do birdnest though. Chalice and acans love the lights. I had a birdnest grow to the size of a softball before I traded it.

How about one of those colorful clams I forgot the name of them there usually purple?

Ok that's fine:) what are some specific corals that look nice in a small tank such as the biocube?

I would stick with some zooa's, mushrooms for color. Some lps like torch's, frogspawn or hammers look good too. I happen to like gsp, adds a great vibrant green motion to my tanks. I would say a brain coral but they tak eup valuable real estate in the tank as they are on the sandbed. Also not sure of the lighting for one of them in the cube.

Ok sweet thanku! I know this is above and beyond but how would u set up ur live rock stack it all in the back ?

I have mine dead center so I can clean the back wall and the sides. If I were home id link a photo.

Oh ok :) I know this is going away from the original post but I have had a royal grandma in the biocube since I set it up 7 months ago.. its the only fish in there.. I wanted to know if they are agresive to any new fish if I decide to add more which I definately will?

I had a royal gramma and she didnt bother a soul. Spent alot of time in the rocks but thats it

Back
Top Bottom