How long do clownfish fry live without proper food??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

circus clowns

Aquarium Advice Freak
Clown fry are 1 1/2 days old,trying to feed them crushed flake food,don't know if there eating it,but there still alive and swimming , rotifers will be here in two days, has anybody been threw this before? Please, anyone with experience or knowledge get back to me. Thanks in advance....

I saw a youtube video regarding this exact issue, and I think most of the fry made it 3 days but I think many died at 4th day and all died on 5th day.

circus clowns said:
Clown fry are 1 1/2 days old,trying to feed them crushed flake food,don't know if there eating it,but there still alive and swimming , rotifers will be here in two days, has anybody been threw this before? Please, anyone with experience or knowledge get back to me. Thanks in advance....

Yah about 3-4 days is how long they will survive with out food. Ok I will give you a little advice give up now. Do not even try to keep them alive and save your self the disappointment. If you do try then you will need to feed then rotifers in the first week of birth then you will have to hatch you vary own live brim shrimp and do that every day. So you need hatch them every day. Then you will need to have a tank painted black on three sides. That is the way I kept my midnight clown fish fry alive and still about 2/3 of them died for no reason just not eating and stress but if you want to go through with this you need to take them out of the parents tank as soon as possible they will eat them.

I know all about it, babies are out. I'm getting rotifers in the mail tuesday or wens day , along with brine shrimp eggs and the phyto to feed rotifers , I was just wondering if there was any other method or something else someone has tried and kept them alive. Wishful thinking...

circus clowns said:
I know all about it, babies are out. I'm getting rotifers in the mail tuesday or wens day , along with brine shrimp eggs and the phyto to feed rotifers , I was just wondering if there was any other method or something else someone has tried and kept them alive. Wishful thinking...

O ok as long as you know what you are Getting in to.

Idk if this will work but you can try finding small mosquito larva and feed them to the baby clownfish. You should wait until someone else comments on this suggestion though since I know nothing about clownfish fry.

Came back from work today,and all but about four or five were dead, I'll be ready for the next batch..

New batch of eggs 1 day ago , and rotifers have arrived , any advice from anyone?

Back
Top Bottom