Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-24-2004, 09:22 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

how long till pods show up?

or do they? i have been looking and looking for these pod creatures and cant seem to find any.....do i have to physically add them? or after time do they show up?

doug

Old 11-24-2004, 09:26 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

How much LR do you have in your tank? What is your filter set-up? Look on your filter pads or on your tank at night with a flashlight. How old is your tank?

Old 11-24-2004, 09:31 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

i have a 55 gallon, with 60lbs of live rock...and 50lbs of sand (partial live) right now i have 2 emporor 400's....(soon a sump in mind) tank is almost 1 year old like 10 months....have 1 surgeon tang....and some cleaner crews...should i see pods? i here people about worms and what not...i see none of that...i do see strings of poo at the live rock...and always assume these are some worm of some tyoe...but no pods

doug
Old 11-24-2004, 11:03 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to jaiden
look at your LR at night with a red light. I bet you have far more pods than you think. mine are tiny, but when they're on the glass I can see them zooming around. they're smaller than fleas or gnats

Red tiger lilly, Rotala Indica, Sagittaria Subulata, Micro Sword, Cardinal Plant
Fluorite Black sand and gravel
jaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 11:10 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

The larger pods showed up in my tank after about 3 weeks.

20 Gallon Long, 2 Ocellaris Clownfish, 3 Dwarf Blue Leg Hermit Crabs, 1 Carpet Anemone, 1 Peppermint Shrimp, 20 LBS of LS and about 6 LBS of LR.

Marineland Millenium HOB Filter.
Marineland Seaclone 100 Skimmer.
Powersweep PH
2 10,000k HO
2 Actinic HO
gozetec02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
long, pods

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com