how long to keep lights in?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i had some cyano and used chemiclean and its gone now but i want too keep it gone. I dont feed that much and have 2 turbos 3 Margarita, 1 hermit, and a sand sift star.

In the Caribbean the Sunrise, sunset, dawn and dusk light cycle averages about 13h 41m.

In my tank the T5 Actinics run 6am - 2pm, MHs 2pm - 6pm, back to T5 Actinics 6pm - 8:30pm
Moonlights 8:30pm - 6am

My tank flourishes. My corals are healthy and my fish are healthy. I get to enjoy my tank in the evenings, that's why I have it. Good filtration, water changes, and giving your tank the attention that's required is key.
Tanks have personality.

SWSCJ said:
In the Caribbean the Sunrise, sunset, dawn and dusk light cycle averages about 13h 41m.

In my tank the T5 Actinics run 6am - 2pm, MHs 2pm - 6pm, back to T5 Actinics 6pm - 8:30pm

My tank flourishes. My corals are healthy and my fish are healthy. I get to enjoy my tank in the evenings, that's why I have it. Good filtration, water changes, and giving your tank the attention that's required is key.
Tanks have personality.

I completely agree

SWSCJ said:

Tanks have personality.

That's a great light schedule. I'm going to try that as well.

SWSCJ said:

Tanks have personality.

What are you using for moonlights? I would like to put some but I think the blue LEDs I have is too bright.

On all my tanks I run my blues from 9 am then my whites come on at 10am. The whites go off at 8 pm and the blues off at 10pm. That schedule works for all my tank, coral or not and I have no algae issues at all. I've considered cutting back my whites even, so excessive light isnt usually necessary unless you have the corals adjusted to it I guess. lol

I have been having a problem feeding my lps. Seems like I can never see when the tenticals are out. I have only been running my blues for one hour. 2-8 all on 8-9 blues only then all off. Do you think I would need to leave my blues on longer to help this? My closed brain and chilli coral are my problems.

Back
Top Bottom