How loud is your whole system?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TygGer

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was planning on putting the new tank in my bedroom. The tank is probably going to be a 72g bow front. I was concerned of the total noise level with a full setup; eg. powerheads, overflow, sump, skimmer, pump, etc...

The equipment will most likely be stored in a enclosed tank stand underneath the tank itself.

Please describe, as best as you can, the loudness of you setup.

I was worried if it would be soo loud that it would keep me from sleeping at night. (I can stand the sound of a small air pump and HOB filter)

The only loudish noise I get is from the air intake on the skimmer, it's a Prizm and they are known for the noise.. But you do get used to it eventually, or you can always reduce the flow or even switch it off while you sleep.

Nothing else makes any noticeable noise, but I do leave my computer on 24/7 so this may be the reason I can't hear any small sounds.

I had an HOB overflow that was loud on my small tank. I tried different standpipes and nver could get it quieted. My main tank uses a Durso and it is quiet. When I had the sump under the tank, the Mag7 and Mag5 gave the room a nice hum.

Evaporation can cause running water sounds in the sump if you have a skimmer in there too.

Back
Top Bottom