How many Chromis can I add?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

revhtree

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am pretty much done with stocking my tank, except I would like to add some small schooling chromis. The problem is, I dont know if I have the room, or if I did how many could I get.

This is what I currently have in the tank.
75g Long
155pds LR.

2 Mated Percs.
1 Naso Tang (Medium)
1 yellow tailed damsel (small)
1 Royal Gramma (small)
1 Tomato Clown (medium)
1 Engineer Goby

Well what do you think? :wink:

You are actually on the edge of a comfortable bioload right now. One or two might not be an issue but chromis school better when there is 4-6 (the more the better). If you hadn't of gotten the goby, this wouldn't be a problem. :wink:

Cheers
Steve

I have the goby in QT right Now! Ha, he's going back to the lfs!! :wink:

So how many would be enough, and not to much?

Thanks Steve and austinsdad, your the bomb!

Actually I should have read the fish list a bit better. :oops:

You'll still be able to add the chromis but only about 4, 6 would have been ideal for schooling. I didn't notice the two species of clowns in the original post. The tangs needs will consume much of the 75's extra space but the main issue will be with the clowns. Four different species of fish being from the same family, you will get some squabbling. Most likely from the Tomato but I would watch things carefully after the new fish pass QT. Chromis are pretty passive but they will get aggressive if needs be.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom