How many clownfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChazYork

Aquarium Advice Regular
I read many different things so i was wondering to get some opinions - I have a pair of tankraised ocellaris, however i also have a pair of captive ocellaris (had to get them i felt sorry for them at the LFS) Odd thing is, the one captive and one tankraised have kinda paired up and the other two are stick to opposite sides of the tank. The bigger of the tankraised ones often picks on the smaller tankraised one by swimming full steam from one side of the tank to the other and trying to ram it in the side, but after a few tries it nudges the other and acts like it is a pair??? I cant tell if this is aggression or not? and if 2 pairs is not good? or if i should take one back and have 3 clowns? TIA

three clowns would be a bad idea , if you leave three the 2 will pair up and pick on the remaining one

its not a great idea to have more than one pair in a tank of your size.. IMHO. eventually two will pair up and become dominent over the other two and be very aggressive to them until eventually they kill off all but themselves... HTH

Back
Top Bottom