Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-16-2006, 10:51 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Send a message via AIM to ChazYork
How many clownfish?

I read many different things so i was wondering to get some opinions - I have a pair of tankraised ocellaris, however i also have a pair of captive ocellaris (had to get them i felt sorry for them at the LFS) Odd thing is, the one captive and one tankraised have kinda paired up and the other two are stick to opposite sides of the tank. The bigger of the tankraised ones often picks on the smaller tankraised one by swimming full steam from one side of the tank to the other and trying to ram it in the side, but after a few tries it nudges the other and acts like it is a pair??? I cant tell if this is aggression or not? and if 2 pairs is not good? or if i should take one back and have 3 clowns? TIA

ChazYork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 11:06 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to hackteck
three clowns would be a bad idea , if you leave three the 2 will pair up and pick on the remaining one

hackteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 01:17 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
its not a great idea to have more than one pair in a tank of your size.. IMHO. eventually two will pair up and become dominent over the other two and be very aggressive to them until eventually they kill off all but themselves... HTH
tjara03 is offline   Reply With Quote

clown, clownfish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com